How To Get Involved
Become a part of the Renaissance in Sullivan County! There are many ways to become involved. Everyone can do something.
Application Deadline Coming Up – Classes Start February 6 | Dec. 6, 2013
2014 SullivanArc Tour of Narrowsburg’s Private Gardens | Dec. 4, 2013
Communities May Still Apply Through March 19, 2014 | Nov. 25, 2013
Be a Community Volunteer:
- Volunteer with an existing Sullivan Renaissance group in your community. Volunteers bring a vital community spirit to an endeavor. They are the heart of the Sullivan Renaissance program.
- There is no end to the help that might be necessary for a successful project: everything from gardening, labor and planning. . Then there are the organizational tasks like bookkeeping, organizing work days, , fundraising, photography and documentation. Many communities have talented individuals to meet most or all of these needs.
- Apply for a Sullivan Renaissance Grant:
- Meet with community members to identify a project.
- Start a Sullivan Renaissance beautification group in your community.
- Participate in the Sullivan Renaissance Merchant Discount Program
- Support volunteers with material or financial donations to the project
- Donate drinks or lunch to hardworking volunteers
- Say "thank you" and show your appreciation for the volunteers' efforts
- Become engaged in storefront beautification and tidiness
- Keep your property tidy and well maintained
- Paint your fence or front porch.
- Plant a vegetable or flower garden.
- Hang a basket of flowers.