A Seminar on Smart and Attractive Design | Nov. 13, 2017
National Program Promotes Volunteerism | Oct. 25, 2017
| Oct. 17, 2017
[LIBERTY] – Gardeners interested in finding the right plants to put in their gardens this month should look for the 2014 Renaissance Collection at their local garden centers.
The 24 plants in the collection are deer resistant, low maintenance and drought tolerant – and meet the challenges of gardening in Sullivan County. These are the perfect selections when choosing plants to start a new garden or as additions to established beds.
The flower additions to this year’s collection include ‘Snow Princess’ – a fragrant white Allysum; ‘Angelonia’ – a summer snapdragon available in pink, white and purple; ‘Amsonia’ Bluestar – baby blue flowers atop feathery green foliage; and edible ‘Nazareth’ – sage’s leaves are almost white and tasty too.
The tree and shrub additions include ‘Autumn Brilliance’ Serviceberry – a beautiful small tree with delicious edible berries; and ‘Gro-Low’ Fragrant Sumac – a mid-sized woody groundcover shrub with lustrous green leaves that glows yellow, orange and red in the fall.
Also new for 2014 is the addition of “planting partners” that look great planted with all of the members of the collection.
Brochures listing the Renaissance Collection of plants are available from Sullivan Renaissance. Many of the collection plants are available at the following local nurseries and garden centers:
· Delaware Valley Home & Garden , 30 Viaduct Road, Callicoon, NY 12723
· Laurel Grove Greenhouses , 16 High Street, Port Jervis, NY 12771
· Liberty Agway Farm Home & Garden , 11 Bon Jovi Lane, Liberty, NY 12754
· Manza Family Farm , 730 State Rte 211, Montgomery, NY 12549
· Monticello Farm Home & Garden , 420 Route 17b, Monticello, NY 12701
· Vita’s Farm & Garden , 4789 State Rte 52, Jeffersonville, NY 12748
Sullivan Renaissance is a beautification and community development program principally funded by the Gerry Foundation.