A Seminar on Smart and Attractive Design | Nov. 13, 2017
National Program Promotes Volunteerism | Oct. 25, 2017
| Oct. 17, 2017
[LIBERTY] – Ten seasonal bungalow colonies and summer camps are taking part in a six-week long Community Mitzvah Award contest this summer, sponsored by Sullivan Renaissance. Three top prizes worth $10,000, $5000 and $3000 will be awarded to the participants that best clean-up and maintain their grounds and improve the look of their facilities.
• American Theological, summer camp in Kiamesha
• Camp Bnos Ahavas Israel, summer camp in Liberty
• Camp Mesivta Eitz Chaim, summer camp in Parksville
• Camp Simcha, summer camp in Glen Spey
• Camp Tashbar, summer camp in Liberty
• Far Site Bungalows, bungalow colony in Monticello
• Ichud Hatalmidim, bungalow colony in Monticello
• Khal Divre Chaim, bungalow colony in Kauneonga Lake
• Machne Gila, summer camp in Liberty
• Skolya Bungalows, bungalow colony in South Fallsburg
The contest begins this month with participants making improvements to their grounds. Each camp is then observed on a weekly basis by data takers who record what can be seen from the road. The sites will be visited by a team of judges from outside Sullivan County in August and the winner announced at the Awards Ceremony on August 11.
All the participating camps and colonies will receive a $500 seed grant, and those that finish the contest will get a completion grant of $500. Each participant also receives two planting containers with flowers and instructions, which must be maintained throughout the contest.
Campers and/or staff are also required to participate in an educational presentation and orientation by Sullivan Renaissance staff. All the participants will then be treated to kosher ice cream provided by an approved vendor for all the children involved in helping to maintain the property’s cleanliness.
Last year saw five participants in the contest, which was won by Skolya Bungalows on Route 42 in South Fallsburg. The goal of Sullivan Renaissance is to help guide communities to improve their visual standards.
For information about all of Sullivan Renaissance’s seasonal programs, contact Allen Frishman at 845-436-8945 or email@example.com.