A Seminar on Smart and Attractive Design | Nov. 13, 2017
National Program Promotes Volunteerism | Oct. 25, 2017
| Oct. 17, 2017
[LIBERTY] – Gardeners interested in finding the right plants to put in their gardens should look for the 2016 Renaissance Collection at area garden centers.
Most of the 30 plants in the collection are deer resistant, low maintenance, have low water needs and meet the challenges of gardening in Sullivan County. “These are the perfect selections when choosing plants to start a new garden or as additions to established beds: said Diana Weiner, Sullivan Renaissance Horticulture Coordinator.
Flower additions to this year’s collection include Petunia ‘Vista and ‘Supertunia’, Dusty Miller, Annual Red Fountain Grass, and Dahlia ‘Figaro’ and ‘Harlequin Mix. New perennials include garden Phlox, New England and New York Aster and Black-eyed Susan. The new shrubs are Hydrangea ‘limelight’ and ‘Vanilla Strawberry.’
Renaissance Collection plants, brochures and displays can be found at the following nurseries and garden centers:
• Bearfoot Gardener, 7826 State Route 55, Neversink, NY 12765
• Delaware Valley Home & Garden, 30 Viaduct Road, Callicoon, NY 12723
• Everlasting Spring Garden Center, 3195 State Route 52, White Sulphur
Springs, NY 12787
• Jeannie’s Bed of Petals, 66 Hillriegel Drive, Callicoon, NY 12723
• Laurel Grove Greenhouses, 16 High Street, Port Jervis, NY 12771
• Liberty Agway Farm Home & Garden, 11 Bon Jovi Lane, Liberty, NY 12754
• L&M Greenhouses, 1986 Route 17B, Bethel, NY 12720
• Manza Family Farm, 730 State Rte 211, Montgomery, NY 12549
• Monticello Farm Home & Garden, 420 Route 17b, Monticello, NY 12701
• Monticello Greenhouses, 217 East Broadway, Monticello, NY 12701
• Vita’s Farm & Garden, 4789 State Rte 52, Jeffersonville, NY 12748
To learn more about the collection contact Sullivan Renaissance at 845-295-2445, www.sullivanrenaissance.org or email email@example.com.
Sullivan Renaissance is a beautification and community development program principally funded by the Gerry Foundation.